Friday, November 17, 2006

I Don't Reward Stupidity

In our daily lives, the goings to and fro, interactions with people personally and professionally we face stupidity. There's an old poker saying "If you can't spot the sucker at the table, you're the sucker". If you think you don't face stupidity ever day, you can skip this blog because you are the stupid one.

Everyone deals with stupidity differently, I'm sure. Me, I have a policy of not rewarding stupidity. I deal with my fair share of dumbasses daily. This may sound petty, but I don't treat stupid people the same as reasonably intelligent people who put on their pants before their shoes. I decided that if someone is a dumbass, I should treat them like one. I try to teach stupid people lessons about stupidity. I'm a teacher, that's what I am. I help the less fortunate morons. Hell, I'm practically a gotdamn saint. Examples?

When stupid people call me on the phone, I try to teach them to be smarter, more productive members of society. If someone calls my business and asks a dumb question, I politely explain why that question isn't valid and also offer alternative questions that would better suit the situation involving their dumbass self. Some people appreciate being taught what they should or should not be concerned with when inquiring about automotive service. I'm happy to do it, most of the time. But my good nature changes when people don't listen to me or ignore me after asking a dumbass question. Being stupid isn't a crime, but not wanting to learn should be punishable by death. With a fucking machete. So, I don't reward stupidity. Stupid people don't get special considerations, or extra help and advice, benefits and perks only available to those that aren't fucktards. Dumbasses don't get their car finished first, or an extra few minutes making sure everything is perfect, or the priveledge of stopping by without an appointment for quick bulb replacements or tires repaired while you wait. That's for smart people. People that listen and pay attention.

If you are driving down the road and you see a sign announcing a lane merger ahead, and some jackass waits until the last possible second to merge and then wants you to let them in front of you, do you reward them? For being a dumbass, or for being an asshole? Don't reward stupidity. If you see some jackass on a cell phone going slow as shit in the fast lane, let them know. A nice loud honk of the horn for 5-10 seconds does wonders. That's a long time, try it. People all around will look and if the person has any fucking sense and any shame they will correct their actions after being admonished publicly. Any dumbass on the road is only encouraged and emboldened by society not calling them on their shitass actions.

So, when you encounter a dumbass, idiot, moron doing something stupid, let them know. If possible offer alternate actions that don't make you want to strangle the retard in question. Teach dumbasses that stupidity is not to be rewarded.
Eat it whores.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home