Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Death Pools and Character Actors

It is nice to receive a comment on my writing. I always encourage feedback, negative or positive, that is either constructive, non-constructive. or destructive. In an effort to promote feedback and participation, I offer two topics: Death Pools and Character Actors.

The first topic is especially dear to me. For the past year or so, I have put a lot of effort into my spiritual life. Yes, my spiritual life. I will not proselytize but I must say that I do believe in a greater being other than Sean and that has helped to guide my moral values. That being said, hanging out with Sean really tests the limits of my struggle against moral turpitude. Its not that we steal, kill cats, or spit in peoples' faces (well,usually not), its that what we find humorous is sometimes suspect and is,therefore, in need of "monitoring". The subject of the death pool came up as we were watching a sporting event in which a commentator who will remain nameless is currently battling a particularly deadly illness. The subject of death came up, a few names were thrown around about who would die first. I put my bet on the commentator. Now, my question is this: Am I going to hell? Please let me know.

Secondly, I am always asking Sean about various character actors that are on t.v. I think of Bernie Koppel and Robert Vaughn. These guys are not "no names" nor are they really famous. Did they have to play a certain number of "badguy" roles to gain the stature that they enjoy? I admit this is not the most exciting topic; in fact, it rather sucks. But I tell you what else I think sucks: people who read blogs and don't offer responses. So please, let's hear it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home