Thursday, April 26, 2007

Conflicted

A sad fact of life is that people die every day. People die of many different causes, some that are preventable and some that aren't. Some people believe when it's your time to go, then it's just your time to go. When I read or hear about someone that died while riding a motorcycle, I am particularly saddened because I am a motorcyclist myself. I am also a dog lover and not terribly fond of cats. I don't hate cats, but I do believe they are chick pets and guys who are 'cat people' rather than 'dog people' have something wrong with them. Maybe they're too in touch with their feminine side, I don't know.

So, I'm conflicted about how I should react to this story. Some of you don't like to follow the links so I will summarize the story for all two readers of this crapblog. A man is riding his motorcycle when he has a wreck and is killed. This is sad. Here's where it gets interesting. The man was a veterinarian who specialized in all things cat. He was some kind of cat expert. Appearing on tv shows about cats, writing books on cats, talking non-stop about cats apparently. Where's the confliction, you ask? The man died after swerving to avoid hitting a cat in the street. That's how he wrecked his motorcycle and died. Dude, hit the fucking cat! You died for a fucking cat? Come on. Just Damn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home